HydroShare Publication Agreement
Last modified January 24, 2016
HydroShare services are provided by a team of researchers associated with the Consortium of Universities for the Advancement of Hydrologic Science, Inc. and funded by the National Science Foundation. The services are hosted at participating institutions including the Renaissance Computing Institute at University of North Carolina, Utah State University, Brigham Young University, Tufts University, University of Virginia, University of Texas, Purdue University and CUAHSI.
By your acceptance of these terms, you agree to the following provisions for yourself and any collaborators with whom you coordinate the submission of this content:
- I hereby grant to CUAHSI and the HydroShare Team a non-exclusive publishing and distribution license for the content of this resource in all forms and media (whether now known or hereafter developed) effective when I accept this publication agreement.
- I have the legal right to publish this content by virtue of being the creator of the content, having permission from the creators of the content, or the content being in the public domain. Some jurisdictions restrict data publication and you should consider where ex-situ samples were collected, in-situ data were collected and ex-situ data were analyzed, and where data are published in determining your legal rights.
- I am solely responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the content put forward for publication.
- By submitting content, I agree to make this content publicly available and that others are permitted to use, copy, modify, and distribute my content for any purpose under the terms of the license recorded in the associated metadata.
- I will provide metadata to sufficiently describe submitted content and to ensure that shared content is meaningful and useful to the scientific community.
- I understand that upon publishing content in HydroShare, HydroShare will index metadata describing my content to support rapid data discovery and presentation.
- I understand that HydroShare will maintain a logging system that tracks downloads of published content for the purpose of reporting usage and download statistics. This reporting is required and used to demonstrate impact to funding agencies such as the National Science Foundation, and may be public, while subject to the HydroShare Statement of Privacy.
Each user uses HydroShare at her/his own risk. Resources accessed through HydroShare are provided “as is”. CUAHSI does not verify the accuracy of content submitted by users. CUAHSI makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to HydroShare and specifically disclaims all warranties to the fullest extent permitted by law (including, but not limited to, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). CUAHSI will not accept liability for damages of any kind that result from using HydroShare or its content resources.