Please wait for the process to complete.
Checking for non-preferred file/folder path names (may take a long time depending on the number of files/folders) ...
This resource contains some files/folders that have non-preferred characters in their name. Show non-conforming files/folders.
||This resource does not have an owner who is an active HydroShare user. Contact CUAHSI (email@example.com) for information on this resource.|
|Storage:||The size of this resource is 62.9 MB|
|Created:||Mar 15, 2018 at 10:50 p.m.|
|Last updated:|| Jul 06, 2018 at 9:33 p.m.
|Citation:||See how to cite this resource|
|Content types:||Single File Content|
|+1 Votes:||Be the first one to this.|
|Comments:||No comments (yet)|
The purpose of this project was to examine the transport of momentum, scalars, and heavy particles like fungal spores in a trellised agricultural canopy. To study these interactions, particle dispersion experiments were performed Sept 2-4, 2014 at Lone Star Vineyard (138 acres of wine grapes, 44 deg 4′ 8′′ N, 123 deg 5′ 48′′ W) near Amity, Oregon while high frequency wind and temperature data were collected.
-* Distributed Temperature Sensor fiber optic
- Sensornet Oryx: 1 m sampling resolution
- 900 micron AFL simplex fiber strung horizontally along _101 m_ vine at 6" vertical spacing at Tower 1
- 12 horizontal lengths looping through the baths (one cold, one ambient) at one end each time for the turn around
- DTS data starts at 11:28 on August 28th and ends at 12 on September 5, 2014. Up until 10:07 on September 1, only the first 898m of the fiber was captured, which corresponds to 7 lengths of fiber across the trellis. After 10:56, the DTS was reconfigured to write out data for the entire fiber length, corresponding to 12 fiber lengths.
- 3 Meteorological Towers
- 6 LEMS Towers
- Radiation Sensors (CNR1, LI200) at T1
- Soil sensors (HFP01, CS616, & TCAV) at T1
- 7 PAR sensors. 3 in canopy, 3 below at T1
- 18 Leaf surface temperature thermocouples
For more information on other aspects of the project:
Miller, N.E., Stoll, R., Mahaffee, W.F., Neill, T.M. and Pardyjak, E.R., 2015. An experimental study of momentum and heavy particle transport in a trellised agricultural canopy. Agricultural and forest meteorology, 211, 100-114. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168192315001823
Miller, N.E., Stoll, R., Mahaffee, W.F. and Pardyjak, E.R., 2017. Mean and turbulent flow statistics in a trellised agricultural canopy. Boundary-Layer Meteorology, 165(1), pp.113-143. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10546-017-0265-y
Raw DTS project data is available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
|The content of this resource references||https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168192315001823|
|The content of this resource references||https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10546-017-0265-y|
This resource was created using funding from the following sources:
|Agency Name||Award Title||Award Number|
|National Science Foundation||EAR||1129003|
People or Organizations that contributed technically, materially, financially, or provided general support for the creation of the resource's content but are not considered authors.
How to Cite
This resource is shared under the Creative Commons Attribution CC BY.http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
There are currently no comments