Please wait for the process to complete.
Checking for non-preferred file/folder path names (may take a long time depending on the number of files/folders) ...
This resource contains some files/folders that have non-preferred characters in their name. Show non-conforming files/folders.
||This resource does not have an owner who is an active HydroShare user. Contact CUAHSI (email@example.com) for information on this resource.|
|Storage:||The size of this resource is 1.3 MB|
|Created:||Jul 24, 2018 at 2:50 p.m.|
|Last updated:|| Nov 26, 2018 at 4:32 a.m.
|Citation:||See how to cite this resource|
|+1 Votes:||Be the first one to this.|
|Comments:||No comments (yet)|
During and after Hurricane Irma, the US Geological Survey recorded high water marks across the affected area, as they do for every major storm [https://www.usgs.gov/special-topic/hurricane-irma]. The files in this dataset provide 506 high water marks for Hurricane Irma flooding, and 202 peak sites. These files were downloaded following the steps below. If you'd like to check the original sources again, or search for HWM for a different storm, you may find these directions helpful.
The High Water Marks can also be visualized directly from the USGS Flood Event Viewer for Irma [https://stn.wim.usgs.gov/fev/#IrmaSeptember2017]
Finding, Downloading and Filtering USGS High Water Marks (HWM)
1. Visit USGS website: https://water.usgs.gov/floods/history.html, which lets you…
2. Click on Hurricane Irma: https://www.usgs.gov/irma, which lets you…
3. Click on green button Get Data: https://stn.wim.usgs.gov/fev/#IrmaSeptember2017
4. In left margin menu of resulting page, click a second Get Data link. This will open up the remaining options below.
5. Click each data type you want, such as High-Water Mark, Peak Summary, or Sensor Data. It’s only csv or REST (json or xml).
* To understand the fields or columns of this table, see HWM_Peaks_Sensors_Data_Dictionary_20180329.xslx in the contents below.
|The content of this resource references||USGS Flood Event Viewer for Irma [https://stn.wim.usgs.gov/fev/#IrmaSeptember2017]|
|Title||Owners||Sharing Status||My Permission|
|Irma Flood Data Collections||David Arctur · datamgr Irma||Published||Open Access|
This resource was created using funding from the following sources:
|Agency Name||Award Title||Award Number|
|National Science Foundation (NSF)||RAPID: Archiving and Enabling Community Access to Data from Recent US Hurricanes||1761673|
People or Organizations that contributed technically, materially, financially, or provided general support for the creation of the resource's content but are not considered authors.
|Todd Koenig, P.E., Hydrologic Networks Branch||U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)||Rolla, MO|
How to Cite
This resource is shared under the Creative Commons Attribution CC BY.http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/