Checking for non-preferred file/folder path names (may take a long time depending on the number of files/folders) ...
This resource contains some files/folders that have non-preferred characters in their name. Show non-conforming files/folders.
This resource contains content types with files that need to be updated to match with metadata changes. Show content type files that need updating.
|This resource does not have an owner who is an active HydroShare user. Contact CUAHSI (email@example.com) for information on this resource.
|The size of this resource is 242.0 MB
|Sep 15, 2018 at 7:28 p.m.
|Mar 01, 2019 at 7:30 p.m.
|See how to cite this resource
|Be the first one to this.
|No comments (yet)
This dataset includes time series data collected at two sites during baseflow and storm event conditions in the Northwest Field Canal and six sites in stormwater outfalls that drain to the Northwest Field Canal, in Logan UT. Time series data includes gage height, pH, dissolved oxygen, water temperature, specific conductance, turbidity, precipitation, and derived discharge observations at the two sites within the canal. Additionally, water temperature, velocity, water depth, discharge, and precipitation observations are included that were made at the stormwater outfall sites. These data were collected to enable the development of surrogate relationships and high frequency estimates of phosphorus and total suspended solids concentrations within the Northwest Field Canal/Logan City water system. Methods used for deploying sensors, collecting data, and processing for quality control are described in the methods document contained within this resource.
This text file gives a brief description of the contents of this Hydroshare resource.
- Quality_Controlled_Data: This folder contains data that have been quality controlled. The QC methods are outlined in the methods.pdf file. Specifically, the files contain output from the DTS-12 turbidity sensor (turbidity), the YSI EXO2 multi-parameter water quality sonde (dissolved oxygen, water temperature, pH, fluorescent dissolved organic matter - fDOM, and specific conductance), a CS451 pressure transducer (stage), and Sontek side-looking ADVM (discharge). These data are categorized by the site at which the were collected.
- Raw_Data: This folder contains data that are raw water quality and quantity sensor output values that have not been quality controlled. Specifically, the files contain output from the DTS-12 turbidity sensor (turbidity), the EXO2 multisonde (dissolved oxygen, water temperature, pH, fDOM, and specific conductance), a CS451 pressure transducer (stage), and Sontek side-looking ADVM (discharge). These data are categorized by the site at which the were collected.
File Naming Convention
The naming convention for these files are as follows:
- Drainage: NWF indicating Northwest Field Canal
- Site: Typically a street location along the canal (e.g., 1000N220W is 1000 North 220 West). See the methods.pdf document for geographic coordinates of monitoring site locations.
- SiteType: "A" or "SD" meaning aquatic or storm drain respectively
- VariableCode: indicates which parameter was collected.
- Event: an optional indicator of whether or not the dataset was collected during a storm event. If the dataset was collected during a storm event, then the sampling frequency was increased from 15 minutes to 5 minutes for type "A" sites and from 5 minutes to 1 minute for type "SD" sites.
- Instrument: an optional descriptor that indicates which instrument collected the dataset. This descriptor was only included when multiple instruments at a site measured the same parameter. Otherwise, the instrument collecting the parameter value can be found in the header of the data file.
Data File Format
Each CSV data file contains a header, which includes information about the location at which the data were collected, the method used to collect the data, the instruments used to collect the data, contact information for the steward of the data, and censor codes for quality controlled data. The body of the file contains a local and UTC timestamp, variable data values, and censor/qualifier codes.
|This resource is referenced by
|Melcher, A. A., Horsburgh, J. S. (2017). An urban observatory for quantifying phosphorus and suspended solid loads in combined natural and stormwater conveyances, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 189:285, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10661-017-5974-7
How to Cite
This resource is shared under the Creative Commons Attribution CC BY.http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/